Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Day of Blessing and Tests

This morning God really spoke to Bob. We talked briefly before I left for work and I was overwhelmed. I just had this wonderful feeling that Bob was finally in a place where he could sometimes be my support. Check out his blog for details:

http://bobmasterino.blogspot.com/2008/04/under-attack.html

Then later on this afternoon I had a wonderful conversation with Bob's mom. Nothing extraordinary just loving and encouraging from both sides. I've missed that.

Then I made some calls to yellowpages.com. I've been working on the contract he signed for advertising. In 6 weeks, he's not received one referral from it. When I first decided to call I toyed with the idea of stretching the truth or being belligerent to try and convince them to cancel the contract. And I was compelled - by a rather convincing source {read God} that I should just be totally honest and let it up to God to do whatever was His will. I spoke with our rep. He respected my honesty but could not do much because of policy. However, he did give me the phone number for his supervisor. I spoke with him this evening. Although nothing has been decided, there's at least a chance. They were receptive to our dilemma and will be reviewing it with the supervisor above him. There's no explanable reason that he is getting no calls. It should have worked - but perhaps that wasn't what God had in mind. The fact that no one knows why this isn't working is very telling. So we'll just have to wait in faith. That one is kind of a blessing and test of faith at once.

Then the test. Emily called tonight in crisis. Nana is hallucinating because of an infection and it is tearing everyone up inside. Emily is having a hard time because Nana thinks that everyone is conspiring against her. I spoke with Nana for a few moments and prayed with her. And it was bad - it didn't appear to help but God works in His own time. The whole situation is just so painful. Daddy was just getting there when Emily hung up. If you read this, please pray for all of them. Nothing like this is easy.

UPDATE: I talked with Dad this morning and got an email from Em. Nana settled down about 11 last night. Emily laid in bed with her after she hesitantly took a Ativan. She felt like she had a terribly vivid nightmare. I think Emily felt the same way. Keep praying for Emily and Dad and Nana. They are on the frontlines on this one and are taking turns being pretty battleworn.

No comments: