Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lessons on Attack

Yesterday Bob realized that Satan was getting dirty with his strategy. Particularly so with his baptism upcoming. It was a day of mixed blessings. See my post from yesterday for an update on Nana.

I'm not sure if I had ever really considered that Satan would bother with me until the last several years. I recall someone once told me in my ugliest times that if I didn't believe that Satan was capable of kicking me when I was down, I wasn't reading my Bible closely enough. And if he'll kick you when you're down he's sure not going to hesitate when you're on the rise.

I think it's a little bit like being so in the Word that you get what God's trying to tell you. You hear him better because the Holy Spirit literally resonates better with what's in your soul. With doctrine and truth inside, it literally vibrates inside us when God is trying to tell us something. And when Satan is after us - that has a feeling all its own. Whatever the opposite of resonance is - like cringing at a bad chord because you KNOW it doesn't go.

Then I read the entry for yesterday in Beth Moore's Breaking Free Day by Day:

2 Corinthians 11:3
I fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your minds may be corrupted from a complete and pure devotion to Christ.

She points out that Paul was saying here that the simile here is as/like - in the same way. Satan pursues us here just like he pursued Eve. It is not man we fight against - it is principalities and powers of darkness.

Give him hell, Bob. You've been adopted into the Royal Family of God.

No comments: