Friday, April 18, 2008

5.2-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Midwest!

Okay it was centered about 260 miles South and slightly west of my beloved sister and her family but we Midwestern folk don't often experience anything like that!!! I mean - hey - it's not California!!!

And it was at 4:37 in the morning - so it might have gone unnoticed. So I emailed Carrie this morning to see whether they felt it and here was her response:

"Very freaky. I did wake up. I turned on my light first to yell at Dagny to stop scratching and shaking the dresser. Then I thought it was Emma or Hope having to go potty and banging on the pocket door. I got out of bed to see if I could locate the hiding child. Then as I looked and looked, I noticed that the neighbor was leaving for work, so I guess I thought that the bass on his truck was so loud that it was shaking the house, but I didn't actually hear it. I was a bit fuzzy since it was 4:30 in the morning.

I went back to bed thinking I was having one of my dream-reality episodes-a la bugs on my blanky-mice in my bed-falcon on the ceiling fan."

That's okay - I once had a witch on my bedside table that Bob tells me I yelled at.......:)

Anyway, that's something you don't expect in Indiana or PA but I know they've happened here too. Part of history - part of my new blogging life :)

No comments: