Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sadness

Yesterday was a sad day for a very close friend and her family. Months ago my friend came to work with wonderful news that her sister was having twins. She asked for prayer for her sister and her family that all would go smoothly.

Friday, complications arose after a little more than four months and Sunday, their family mourned the loss of both precious baby boys. We cried together as she told me. Friday I sent out emails to my family and friends requesting prayer for them. And then Monday, I sent the request for a change in their prayers - and it was so hard.

This weekend our family celebrated the twins 5th birthday. Five years ago, we were all scared because "the babies" were born too early. Time has worn away my memory of the frightening details but there was apprehension. "The babies" were in the NICU for weeks. Emily spent night after night in the hospital with them, praying for their health. We waited for news that it would all turn out okay. It did and on April 13 each year we can celebrate that we were blessed with Ben and Grace.

And so, when I think of this family and the loss they must be feeling, I am overwhelmed. Our lives would not be the same without those two amazing children.

God has a purpose for everything. And though my friend has cried out to her Father asking why, she knows that He has a reason. Please pray for them. Their hearts are heavy and tired. Pray they will find rest in Him.

No comments: