Sunday, March 16, 2008

Love of a Lifetime

I have to tell you that Nana would be SOOO disapproving if she knew I posted this where total strangers could see it but I love it. I love her. Can you just see the face if she saw it :)?

Yesterday Bob and I visited Nana at Blossom Hill. I think I was all prepared for this somber visit and God surprised and blessed us. Our visit was wonderful. Sad but wonderful. I was surprised that - again - she was so coherent. We shared and she shared - memories of times we had together and other things that I just wanted to know. More on that later.

I did her nails. Got scolded a little for the nail polish (nurses needed a pulse ox and had to take polish off one nail) but she so enjoyed it. Hadn't had her nails done since Emily got her a manicure when she first moved up here. I fixed up her pretty white hair. Still in curls from when they trimmed and fixed it a few days ago.

We talked a lot. She so loved that Bob had come with me. She was so sad for me when we went through all of the marriage troubles and I know she prayed for us so fervently. It has been so wonderful to share with her that Bob has come to know Christ. No one could be happier. Bob told her that he'd be baptized on April 20 and that sick woman sat up straighter in her bed and smiled the biggest smile. I don't think Bob realized how happy that made her. She talked about her own baptism not so very long ago. She wanted to be immersed. Dunked under the water as Christ was buried and brought up again as Christ arose.

We prayed together before we left. Nana knows that it's hard for me to do that. I feel like I'm going to say something that doesn't make sense. I'm sure I did that yesterday but I wanted to do it for God and for Nana. I sat at her bedside, Bob stood and we all held hands. It was awesome sharing that moment - all of us. Bob hugged Nana and promised that he would love me and take care of me always. It was just amazing.

Father, I am so thankful that you allowed her the extra time that we could share that. I will never forget it.

No comments: