Monday, July 21, 2008

New Starts

Bob is starting his new office job today - with a positive attitude and an enthusiasm that is really encouraging. He's taken a winding road over the last years but with some prayer and determination, I think this will be the beginning of a new era. A time when his job is not who he is but something that he does so that he can enjoy the rest of his life.

I know that it's unlikely that this will be smooth sailing but that's okay. Bob will always prefer couch dwelling in the same way that I would prefer beach or pool dwelling to work but one thing that he said while we were Shelia's last time made all the difference.

Shelia: "How are you going to make sure this job is different?"
Bob: "I have to make the most of what I do outside of work. Do things that count."

Can't beat that for a strategy.

And he's not doing it alone - for the first time. He has the greatest power in the universe standing next to him. And the big JC has also blessed him with some great male friends who struggle with career as identity and can be support and vice versa. Michael is amazing and its just so awesome to see how comfortable Bob is with Michael and how they support one another in ways that I just cannot as a woman or even as his wife. I'm so grateful for that - and I'm sure he is even more so.... :)

No comments: