Monday, July 21, 2008

New job description

After 3 1/2 years as a radiology practice manager, I might just put in for a new job title - Crap tunnel. Some might think I'm complaining to request a title like that. And maybe 2 years ago it was a complaint. But now it's an opportunity to thank the One who is responsible for my attitude shift. I am indeed a crap tunnel. The doctors shoot it out and others sling it back, not AT me but through me - back and forth.

For the first two years, my tunnel was really ugly. I let lot of that poo stick inside me - I took it personally. But in another of the oxymorons of the Living God, I started giving in to Him and He started working on an career enhancement that I would have never thought possible - a silicone lining. And for the first time, being a poo tunnel wasn't something I was humiliated or upset about being. God worked something in me that I CLEARLY COULD NOT DO WITHOUT HIM. I remember an old co-worker Tom used to say, "Be a duck." Let things just roll off you. Well!! I never!!!! And that's the truth - I could NEVER. But what I can't do God can. I love my job and although there are times when I falter, He's shown me how to recover when I fall. And so, even then - no crappy build up:)

If I'm honest, this wasn't my life-long goal - in charge of little and with little decision making ability of my own. But I have absolutely no regrets and again - I love my job. Not for what it is but for what God's used it to do to me. AND allowed me to enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dena,
Thank you for your little note. I actually just got home from dancing in a Bon Adori Festival here in Yamato Japan. I have been practicing for weeks and we got to do it with hundreds of japanese women (a few American women do it each year to show Japan friendship). I had a Yukata made for me which is cool... My camera ran out of batteries of course but I am supposed to get some emailed to me from a friend. I hope all is well with Bob's new job. I get goosebumps everytime I hear about him relying on the greatest power in the universe. It is just so cool. You pray for so long for something. I miss you and miss home especially after dad's visit, but I have no doubt that I am where I am supposed to be. I love you girl. You are exactly where you are supposed to be too--isn't that cool? Take care.
Love you
Jen