Sunday, July 6, 2008

Inexpressible

And now it's the end of the weekend and I am far too tired to wax poetic. But I still want to get some things out while they are fresh.

- Mom and Dad were both overwhelmed. Mom said their ceremony was better than their original because she didn't remember a single thing their pastor said. This time she could appreciate every word. Lamar's message was receive each other as they are and release them to be all they can be. And years after their first vows, God is still compelling them to be more to each other for Christ's sake.

- It was so awesome to see how much mom and dad love each other - despite the bickering :).

- Our songs at their ceremony turned out awesome although none of us could look at them while we were singing.

- Carrie's cake was just beautiful and delicious too. It was a real hit.

- We got mom some flowers to hold and Emily and Carrie really hit the jackpot with some beautiful pink roses that looked just gorgeous this morning.

- Mom's friends from work and Aunt Becky and Uncle Dave and Helen and Robert and Uncle Bill were the perfect people to be there.

- I said one prayer on Thursday morning for good weather and put it in my faith jar and it was amazing. Hot enough to swim and sunny for a good part too. Pool water was only 74 but that didn't stop anyone - especially the kids :) Emma and Hope were purple:)

- More food than we needed - how unusual:)

- Newlywed game was sweet and fun. We were all the winners hearing their answers.

- Communion at Iron City this morning was a fitting end to our weekend.

- Not our best worship service but Carrie loved every second of it so somehow, it made it worth it.

- Carrie and Emily were awesome. I could not have done it without both of them and the cooperation and love of their families (especially Dan and Ray), it would have been absolutely impossible. Carrie's creativity was so great with the cake and the book and the frame. And both of them stepped up at the end when I was completely out of gas, and did a huge part of the clean up.

- Bob stepped up too. He was just awesome on Saturday. He was helping to set up with things that I hadn't even got to thinking about. And he began cleaning up when all of us were still numbed by the events of the day.

- Some mean games of cornhole were played. That game rocks.

- I love those those kids with all my heart. And I love my family. God has blessed the daylights out of us.

I was ridiculously emotional all this weekend - some of which was okay and at other times wasn't. Not sure if it was the intensity of the weekend or hormones but there were a few times when I was overwhelmed resulting in either frustration or tears.

That's all I have for now. I'm about as spent as I can remember being. In a good way. In a beautiful way.

PS - I figured out how to load my slideshow of the pictures onto the blog. If you want a bigger view then double click on the pictures. I didn't get the very best photos but they will do for now. Enjoy!

No comments: