Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Such a Lovely Day

I had quite a day yesterday. Unexpectedly lovely!

When I woke up it was ordinary. Nothing too special planned. Regular day at work and then we were headed to the park for an ICC dinner with a new missions group. 41 kids from North Carolina. God had more than ordinary in mind.

I a-hem "accidentally" (God tweaking your life is not well worded as an accident) called my dad instead of my mom around 10 and found that he was down in Pittsburgh at his new account. He is working on treating the water that is being pumped out of the tunnel they are digging under one of the rivers right in town. His call to the account went real short and he offered to sit at McDonalds and wait for me to be done to have lunch. We got salads at noon and headed over to the park for lunch. His offering to do that was really nice considering some of the feelings I'd had in the last week about people bumping me for other plans. Made me feel special. And we had a great lunch - took some McDonald's to the park and just talked. Just a rare chance to have lunch with my dad. Kept me going for the afternoon.

After work we went straight over to the park for dinner with everyone from church. Bob had COMPLETELY changed his tune on it. Last week when Ami asked him he didn't want to go. Before we left, he said that we might have a lot of fun so I should relax about the things I needed to get done. At Jason's pleading, he brought his guitar so they could play a few songs after eating.
I know I'll never do justice to this moment. I sat on a picnic bench and watched my husband play "How Great is Our God" with Jason and Steve - the leader from North Carolina. I heard 60 plus voices singing at the top of their lungs about the love of their Savior that filled them so much that they had to praise Him. I was overwhelmed with love for my God and love for my husband who loved God and was loving every moment of loving Him. I saw folks walking through North Park turning their heads and then smiling. Maybe they recognized the song. Maybe they appreciated the atmosphere of praise and love that was moving upward like a cloud of smoke. It was a moment I'll never forget. I've dreamed of moments like that. And the God we serve is always good and He gave me that moment and I don't ever want to lose it.

No comments: