Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nana Update

A quick update on our beloved Nana. I've been a bit remiss on this but truly no news has been good news. I had a good long talk with her last weekend on Mother's Day. She's had good days and bad but her overall health has been holding steady. But her mental state is the best news. This new found sense of playfulness has sustained. My grandmother seems to finally be understanding that she is worthy of love. Oh, she's still a little surprised at it but she's coming to accept it and it is allowing her to be the woman God created her to be. And it is a joy to watch.

All those pictures earlier this week were from the letter I sent her. Wanted her to know - particularly with our conversation - that we really appreciated everything. She wants to know where everything went and to whom and then that we appreciated it. So I hope that letter will help.

I'll do better with keeping you updated.

No comments: