Saturday, May 17, 2008

Biggest Loser EIP Update

Breakthrough week after two weeks of no movement. I lost 4 pounds as of Friday! There was a time when it would have been more - then again in a time not long ago, I would have been upset that my metabolism wasn't at the level of even 10 years ago. But I'm pleased. And it's a step in the right direction. And after today when I acted as Bob's electrician's helper, it made it all the more clear that I simply cannot continue to lug around this extra weight. It makes me feel FAR older. Many other parts of me can hang. My knees cannot and it's upsetting. I have to take better care of myself consistently and that means changing my perception of my body to match it's current state.

The competition at work is really encouraging. We are divided into teams but it's great how all of us have banded together to help each other. It's the human condition and barring the one guy now involved, a female affliction that we are never happy where we are. And this has helped to focus me on my goal of getting to a healthier weight - not a hot weight :).....

But this week gave me a kick start. Yeehaw! Let's keep it going!

No comments: