Saturday, May 17, 2008

GreenHouse!!!

I was so encouraged and excited about my plantings earlier this week that I thought I'd go for broke. My dining room table is now full of mini greenhouses. Flowers and vegetables. My hope is that I've just saved myself a bunch of money and the bonus is that I get to watch these little seeds become seedlings right before my eyes! This week I so enjoyed the miracle of watching a little seed pop up after only a few days. God can do miracles with tiny little seeds - imagine what He can do with a life!

A guy from work commented on the zinnia seeds that I planted from the ICC mother's day present in a cute little watering can. He said by the end of the summer he wanted to have a salad grown in my office. And it got me thinking. While I'm not sure that it would be socially acceptable to house my mini-greenhouses at work, I should try it at home. It's a time investment and it will mean I have to choose a spot and make myself a little garden -ugh! Hard work. But I'll enjoy it. I'll keep you updated. And I'll try and post some pictures later so you can check out my indoor garden!

Here's my list:

FLOWERS
marigolds
salvia
poppy
zinnia
snapdragons
wildflowers
gazania

VEGETABLES
beans
broccoli
lettuce
spinach
peppers
tomatoes
basil

No comments: