Monday, April 21, 2008

Thoughts on the Day

- It was a joy to celebrate with Bob as he "went public" with his faith in Jesus Christ.
- Having family there was just awesome. Everyone shared in the wonder at how all of it happened.
- There were smiles all around and tears of joy too. His mom and sister, my mom and sister, me. All crying as we sang "My chains are gone, I've been set free...." He's a different guy than a year ago.
- Having 35 people at my house to eat was not as bad as I thought. Then again, the weather cleared up in time for everyone to be able to sit outside comfortably. Later, the kids and the band even played ball in the yard for awhile.
- It was awesome that our two families came together through a love of Bob and through God to heal some of the wounds that seemed permanent just a few years ago.
- Marianne was amazing as always. She spoke with my family about Nana and her own loss of her mom less than a year ago. Then later sat with Bob's mom. She should have been a counselor. :) I can attest to it myself and now she's moving on to our families......... And there is comfort that it all comes from her being centered in God.
- People really seemed to enjoy themselves. Everyone stayed for at least a little while and relaxed and talked and ate.
- The food held up pretty well. We have A LOT leftover of some things but that's okay.
- Everyone had gone by 2 and I had cleaned up the most of it by 3:30. Life returns to normal. But not really.......

Things will be different for our eternity now. Not perfect, not without trial, not without pain. But better - full of hope and growing closer to our Savior while growing closer to each other. I still don't know what to say about that. I've been waiting all my life for that and it's like starting brand new after 10 years. Who would have thought that the next big milestone after our marriage problems was BAPTISM!!! Not me. I can't wait to see what He has in store for us next!!

Perfect, Bob is not but so much. The man I can love and respect that with the help of his Heavenly Father can stand before all those folks and declare before them that Jesus Christ has hold of his life..... That was as much love I could hold in my heart at that moment - and what I could not hold in my heart spilled out in tears..... I love you, Bob because God first loved us......

No comments: