Friday, April 11, 2008

Sometimes it's clear what God is doing

The other day, I got an email that freaked me out. I've struggled for the last several months with my service role at church for a number of reasons. And just over the last several weeks, I've found a sort of balance. And this email, took my anxiety up a few notches. Frustration over organization, feeling like ideas are too easily dismissed, and anxiety over increased responsibility in the midst of that. I must have started a reply 10 times before I prayed and another 6 times after. I finally came up with a lengthy response that I thought was appropriate. I was calm about the situation when the right words finally came. I sent the email.

When I returned to my sent mail a short time later to reread what I wrote - I was surprised. There was no email.

I will admit that more than once during composition, I considered whether email was the right forum to address any of this. But when the words finally came after struggling, I thought, "Okay, this must be the right direction." It was. But somehow God must have felt I needed the release of the writing and not the sending of the email. Needless to say, I did not rewrite the email. God may not always speak clearly to me in words but He certainly can shout some things loud and clear in His own way.

UPDATE: My email did go and things turned out okay. God provides a way to make everything right. Right for His will. I'll be teaching a reasonable number of times and to be part of the meeting and seeing that things are coming together. Things aren't so bad and again a message that I'm supposed to connect with others so that I don't assume to know all there is to know. And much to my chagrin, I discover after I connect that I have a peace. That setting boundaries is not wrong and getting upset is not God.

No comments: