Friday, April 11, 2008

First Time Swapping and Hopping!!!!











UPDATE: Here are some photos of the room in question. Oh, the humanity......



http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2008/04/organization-swap-and-hop.html



This is my first time participating in one of the Swap and Hop thingies. So for anyone that is reading this that doesn't get what I'm doing. Let me explain to the best of my ability. Lysa Terkeurst has a blog that I read daily. And today, she is challenging everyone to share their biggest organizational challenge by blogging on it and then creating a link on her blog to your "issue."

So here's my organizational issue - I love ya honey, but - Bob. His two main areas of dwelling/responsibility are the home office and the garage. And I've just kind of let them go. But it seems like our house is getting smaller and smaller...... But I'll choose the home office.

Here's the deal with the room. I'll try and post some photos later. The home office is a small room that is - here goes - our computer room, business center for his electrician business, clothes storage and music room. And much like other posts I saw, the hard thing is getting things put away. Things never get put away because there isn't a place for them. Honestly, I haven't tried much in there. A bout a year ago I hung a plastic shoe rack on the door for organizing bills. I thought he wasn't using it until the other day when I put a bill on the desk and he scolded me. I was actually really pleased.

Other than that - it's just intimidating. Sometimes I avoid the computer all together because of it. He'll appreciate it.... I just don't know where to start. Clothes stacked on the dresser, CDs stacked on shelves, bills piled on the desk..... HELP!

http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2008/04/organization-swap-and-hop.html

Check out her blog and the others. Her's was the first blog that I started reading regularly and I guess it inspired both Bob and I to become bloggers!!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Welcome to the swap and hop. This is my second one.

It seems as though many of us are in the same boat. I think we put too much pressure on ourselves to get huge tasks done in one day or weekend. Instead we do a few small tasks over a a couple weeks instead.
It's less daunting and maybe more tolerable.

Bobbie said...

This is my first also.

Welcome!!

From past experience with clutter and I do have a lot still. I have found that it has taken months and in my case years to get this way, so, cleaning it in a day isn't going to work.
I sorta use a flylady system in the fact that I declutter 15 minutes a day. Just pick something, say all the cd's, get a cd case and just go around picking out cd's for 15 minutes and sticking them in the case. You would be surprised what you can get done.

This way you don't have to focus on all of it. Just one thing at a time.

Good Luck!!!