Friday, December 12, 2008

A Christmas Project

For over a year now, I've had this picture in my mind of the nativity that I wanted for my front yard. Had all the supplies and ample ideas. Just hadn't gotten a round tuit...... Until last weekend when mom and dad were here. Mom and I baked cookies and I asked my dad if he would copy a silhouette that was on last year's bulletin onto a piece of plywood. He gladly agreed at which time I actually lugged the piece upstairs and put it on the coffeetable to do during commercials in a movie we were watching. Yep - I'm crazy. But it was so worth it. He did this on Sunday night and I proceeded to cut it out, prime and paint it and get it up tonight. In between baking and packaging probably 15 dozen cookies and making candy..... I truly do love this season....:) But I promised I'd make the pictures available for my dad to see. Without his excellent artistic skills, it would have been completely out of proportion.....

It's a bit blurry but you get the idea:)!

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Wow! He did a great job! I love it! It turned out really nice.

It is wonderful to declare to the world who it is we are celebrating.

Susanz Place said...

love it and look at your snow and i'm sure it's real - i don't get to see snow here in cali at least not here in my neck of the wood - okay it's not even woods but you know what i'm sayin'
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

keep chasing righteousness!

keep posting - i love reading your blog