Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Long time no write!

I can't pinpoint the exact reason I haven't been updating. Not entirely certain. It seems that we've been pretty busy - but I'm not so sure about that either. But here's some updates for ya!

- Preparing for a giant birthday bash at Iron City Church on Sunday!
Our numbers are due for a burst at ICC and we're praying that God finds us ready for a crowd on Sunday! When you sit down and list some of the things that have happened to the core of ICC over the last - oh - 6-8 months, its pretty clear that the enemy isn't happy with what we're doing at ICC and wants us to bail. Deaths in the family and serious illness have hit our church family hard. And particularly so this week. But I was talking to Bob and over the last 8 months we lost Nana and have experienced some serious financial hardship - but our relationship with our Saviour has brought peace that makes it truly full of joy rather than sadness and depression. And He's brought an amazing group of people into our world that allow us a support that neither of us would have thought possible. Pray for God to bring those who need Him to us and give us the words and message. Bob and I sat at the ICC table on Sunday at McCandless Days and talked to a pretty big number of folks about ICC. As the most unlikely of marketers :) we are really hoping we'll see some familiar faces Sunday. We've been participating in semi-weekly meetings with church for planning all these big events too - so maybe we are busier than normal!

- The ICC Worship Band has been sounding AWESOME!!
We had a rocky time for a while - adjusting to the new roles in the band. But it kind of came to a crisis point and since then - we have really come together as a team to sound great for the glory of God!! This last week, I just had a blast praising God. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone but I swear this former Presbyterian nearly raised her hands in praise :) Soon - I tell you - it's coming.

- Every once in awhile you know God puts someone special in your life.
Betty at Trinity Orthopedics is one of those people. I don't always talk to her. A couple times a week. And before we talk, I can't be sure I was thinking of God - but I can tell you that after I ALWAYS am. She is such a testimony for Christ. Loving, kind, and gentle spirited. And so very ready to shine like crazy for Him. Reminds me that I should be making sure that I've not got a basket over my light. I love that God puts her in my day as a reminder of what I should be. Thank you.

- Watching brothers.
Last week our friend Michael took us out to dinner for crablegs. So anyone who knows us knows that this was a HUGE treat!! Bob never goes out to dinner unless its a family thing. And he grumbled a bit but gave in because Michael is like a brother to him. What a total mess we all three were! And I wasn't all that good at it either :) Michael supplemented my meager pickings with whole strips of crabmeat obtained with the ease of a professional. I love him but it was infuriating :) Anyway, he had purchased a gift certificate for Bob for his one year birthday as a brother in the Family of God and gave it to Bob as we finished up dinner. I can't begin to tell you how awesome it is to know that he has such a good friend. Michael is a good guy who's been through stuff just like Bob and it's just awesome that God has blessed both of us with his friendship. And it's an honor to be there for him as he goes through stuff in his own personal life.

- Coming up on 6 weeks SMOKE FREE!
I have now been nicotine free for 2 full weeks. It isn't always pretty and I can tell I'm still a bit crabby but it is a HUGE thing. And mostly all good. I need some serious prayer about not substituting eating for it but I like not smoking. It's definitely an awesome thing that God has given me the strength to conquer. I know it's not done. I'll be fighting the desire for the rest of my natural life and even if I sometimes want one like crazy I like not being a smoker way more......

No comments: