Sunday, October 26, 2008

An interesting day and an update

Yesterday was a interesting day on many fronts. It capped off a crazy busy week with a visit to Mom and Dad's to see the Slussers. Haven't seen them since the summer and won't see them until Thanksgiving so I drove up for a quick few hours of hugs and talks about God's work in our lives. I loaded some cute pictures of the girls in their fairy costumes and the interesting skies on the way home.

Then we were off to the EIP Company Party. I wish I could say it was okay and leave it with that. Bob and I had a challenging evening. And since I know this is not a place to air out dirty laundry, I'll say that we were both challenged in our areas of weaknesses and neither did very well. I was very angry and hurt and disappointed and was kind of at my wit's end about what to do when we arrived home. So I did the only thing that makes sense when you are out of human answers - face down in prayer. Thanks to our study on the Psalms, that was the end God led me to because I was at my own end. Thank you Lord for putting that answer in my stubborn head. And after a long time of prayer, God gave me two things. First, my carpet is a train wreck. Under every peice of furniture was a heap of animal fur. "God gave you that??" you might ask?? Yep. My back was spasming and I couldn't lay flat and I noticed that it had been a LONG time since I moved the furniture. And then I laughed out loud. I was angry with Bob over something that God was working on me with THAT VERY WEEK - doing things that you didn't want to do and not griping or complaining in any way about them because you were doing them out of love for each other and our God. And I'm still not there. Why did I expect that he would be....?? And the second thing was that if there was going to be a change, it wasn't going to be in me lecturing. It was going to be God that does any changing.

And today, Tommy preached words for both of us straight from the heart of the Father. Dirty Little Secrets series part 2 - Fairy Tales are for Children not our Love Life. Amen. Marriage is hard and we stink at it most of the time because we're selfish. So I am so relieved that we are working together on this with Christ in the middle. This way, we actually have a shot at a happily ever after .....:)

On another happy note, Bob's dad is doing better as far as the short term issues that they were dealing with last weekend. They will continue to need constant prayer but God brought a bushel of good out of some very tough things this week and Bob and I are absolutely not alone in seeing that He's hard at work. After some rought times with the Clacks and Masterinos over the years, I can honestly say that He has healed all of us and there is more love for them than I ever thought was possible again.

2 comments:

My Blessed Life said...

Dena I am the Steeler fan on Julies blog (Contentment Corner) I am also Susans sister (Suzans Place)I tell my sister all the time that when I read your blog it's like reading hers you two seem so much alike. God bless you and GO STEELERS!

My Blessed Life said...

My family is originaly from Jeannette/Greensburg PA. We were all born there. I was born a Steeler fan. They are the best team out there.