Tuesday, September 16, 2008

To my mom

I wonder if any of us ever stopped and considered how hard Carrie flying the coop and them moving back to Ohio was on you, Mom. It was kind of a whirlwind time – and it all happened over a few years. But I was thinking about how hard it must have been. You were the kind of mom that did little for yourself so when there wasn’t the us to do things for, you were probably pretty out of sorts. I’m sorry I didn’t ever think about it. We were all so busy – Carrie graduated and changed jobs and found a place and then Dan, I met Bob and got married and moved in together (not in that order J), and Emily and Ray got married and had Molly all in that time.

I was listening to this radio program today and realized that your – dare I say – unnatural attachment to the pets coincided so perfectly with empty nest that it’s no wonder you needed to take care of something. You are an awesome mom and we love you.

No comments: