Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sister Songwriter!

What a surprise! A few weeks ago Carrie revealed that she had written not just one song, but four!! I asked if she could sing them so we could try and get Bob and I to figure out accompaniment. I got a package in the mail yesterday with the tape of her singing the songs - and cleverly I might add. I swore I heard her harmonizing on the tape on one of the songs and I even called Dan to find out who it was. He was certain he had seen Carrie recording alone. I thought I was going nuts. I have to admit that I was a bit jealous when I heard it because I heard the perfect harmony with a voice that really complimented hers and I thought, "I thought siblings were the only ones that could harmonize that naturally."She explained that she had recorded her own harmony and sang with it. That would explain it. Shame on me. The songs are really good and will sound great with additional voices and a guitar. I can't wait to work on it. Bob's started calling her the Queen of all Media between her books and now her music!

Emily and I were emailing back and forth today and she was joking about how creativity and intellect skipped over her. I know she was just kidding but I got a little defensive about it. Wanna know why? I think I have two of the most amazing people for sisters. Emily busted her butt to get through nursing school. Learned more discipline than I ever did and has become this awesome Director of Nursing at her nursing home and has produced four of the most amazing kids in the state of Ohio. And she loves her family and the people who live at the nursing home so intensely that I figure her heart must be the size of the heart-shaped state she lives in.

I am so blessed that God gave me these two people and that they have to love me :).

No comments: