Monday, April 7, 2008

Shaken

Today I am like a fizzy can of pop. I keep getting shaken up and I keep praying that God calms me so I don’t blow. Just little things. Just little questions in my head

“It isn’t fair that I don’t have kids – or money.”
“That isn’t fair that the rules don’t apply to her.”
“You’re going to say the wrong things and he’ll be angry.”
“You’re never going to make it through this.”
“If only I had done better at keeping a handle on this and such – maybe we wouldn’t …..”

They are just little things but they are making my insides burn. All of them are answered in

1Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

“It isn’t fair that I don’t have kids – or money.” I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU
“That isn’t fair that the rules don’t apply to her.” I WORK IN FAITH NOT FAIR
“You’re going to say the wrong things and he’ll be angry.” THE LOVE OF THE LORD ENDURES
“You’re never going to make it through this.” PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE
“If only I had done better at keeping a handle on this and such – maybe we wouldn’t …..” THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU CONTROLLING ANYTHING. I NEED TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL

If I can just keep those in the front of my head- I will be okay. Father I know this to be true but only in Christ. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love logging onto your BLOG! Thank you for teaching me, and being a great example of chirstian living! and just for being REAL. By the way.....in your description of yourself, you did not list that you are a FRIEND! FIX IT.