Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Answered Prayer

I should not be in the least bit surprised and yet ……

More than a month ago ART’s only other administrative employee quit. Better opportunity for her. Since I’m it, I would say that initially I was on the verge of panic. Thoughts of late hours, total overwhelm and burn out streaming through my head. This was it in the first ten minutes. Then a wash of calm came over me. I prayed that God would help me to handle things and I remembered that He never gives you more than you can handle. And in the weeks since then, I am astonished at how powerfully He has worked. I’ve had help from my friend Carrie. She’s been here 3 days a week for at least the mornings and once a few additional IT things change, I think I’ll be able to let her go back to working with EIP all except Monday mornings. It’s amazing – faith and peace….

Volume has been relatively low (which wasn't my hope) but call volume is way down and radiologist independence is at an all time high despite both of them squirming at the thoughts of that. And so my calm has been so great! I love talking to clients again. Love to help them through problems. That was one of my concerns. I remembered before that I hated getting calls because I was so stressed that I saw everything as an inconvenience. I prayed because I needed God’s help to NOT turn back into that ugly stress monster. I wanted to be here what I am in the rest of my life – optimistic and happy!!!

And I have it!!! God truly gave me the strength to manage the panic and then the rest followed. Let me remember this next time my first instinct is to freak out…. Someone please remind me! Father let this lesson stay in the front of my cranial rolodex!

No comments: