Monday, March 31, 2008

Nearer my God to Thee….

I know that no matter where I go, God is near. But there are certainly times in life that I am so focused that I hear Him, feel Him, know Him in everything. Sometimes these are joy-filled times and other times it is in difficulty. Right now I know He’s close because I feel Him in both so strongly. It’s in the midst of BOTH joy and challenge. There is both joy and sadness as Nana weakens and grows closer to her day of rest. There is joy in getting ready for Bob’s baptism and the celebration of God sealing Him for eternity. But also difficulty in watching Him work in Bob with his career. There is great joy in the conversations that both of these things are stimluating with mom and dad, my sisters and with Bob. It’s so great watching Bob play on the worship team and sharing Iron City Church with Missie and his mom and yet I still struggle with where exactly I fit in.

It’s continued to make me glaringly aware of the areas that I have retained control over in my life and excluded God from. My weight and my trouble with authority. I want Him to be behind every decision I make – be the authority. I’ve tried on my own and been unsuccessful. And in this there is both joy and struggle. I am so grateful that He makes all things new. I still struggle because of the discomfort. How this is going to work is still quite a mystery to me. But I’m continuing to pray.

No comments: