Monday, February 7, 2011

Radical


I just began reading this book by David Platt, and with only the first chapter under my belt, I have so much to consider. You want challenging?…this book is it. It is so challenging that one quote from the front of the book (where one generally finds rave reviews), Russell D. Moore warns that while some books are commended, saying ”you won’t want to put it down” the enemy is begging for us to put this book down. And you may feel compelled to listen. It’s hard and already uncomfortable but surprisingly resonates so true so in the pursuit of truth you read on. Apart from the power of Christ in me, this call is completely unreasonable. But it begs me to contemplate how simple it would be to be radical in the culture. The way we live is so much in opposition to so much of what Jesus called us to practice. And yet, my life is NOT radical right now and it makes me long for and pray for that change to His glory – not just in me but in all Christians.

1 comment:

Susanz Place said...

i have many friends that have read this book and were greatly encouraged. I am a little leary of this mans ministry ( based on his statement of faith) so I have yet to read it. however, I am thinking I should read it to see if my concerns are valid or if indeed the truth is really what he is teaching. You have sparked an interest.