Saturday, December 4, 2010

And I'm back!

Well, in May I decided I couldn't keep up with the blog and that it was doing more to distract than help. Surprise! God has brought me back here. And so much has happened in the last few months.

We have returned to Iron City Church. The old pastor has departed to build another church and a new pastor arrived. In September, much to our sadness, Memorial Park terminated their Sunday 10:15am Contemporary service. This left us looking for a church again. So we headed back one week to hear our two friends preach one week. From then on it was clear that God wanted us back at ICC with a new pastor that has a completely pure vision for ICC - one that is following in the direction of God - not of men. Although it has still been tough as some wounds have only surface healing.

Fortunately, God has also been hard at work to keep us connected with Memorial Park. One connection that has remained is what prompted my reopening of the blog - the Noble Mind Community. It is the online community for MPC and the coordinator has asked me to be a regular contributor. It is very exciting and probably more intimidating than it should be. This blog should help me to sort out some of the thoughts coursing through my scattered brain so I can send them a few posts each week. Please pray that I'll let it be exactly what God has planned for it.

No comments: