Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prayer request

Hmmm. All those times when I read other blogs and people asked for prayer that is veiled out of courtesy and confidentiality, come back around. I have a dear friend who is going through a monstrously difficult time. I can't really say more than that but please pray for her and her husband and her kids over the next month.

I am so proud to be part of our church as I've seen so many people rally around them out of love. In fact it occured to me that having a church family is not only an amazing blessing but an exercise in humility. It's a step that God puts in place to ensure that we fully realize that we CANNOT do it on our own. It takes the swallowing of the pride to accept help from people. I know it would be ridiculously hard for me. But once you accept help from God's children, you begin to understand that it's His way of holding you and filling you up.

Pray for her peace. Pray for her patience. Pray for her strength. Pray for her love. Pray for her children. Pray that God will turn this into a reversal of destiny that we can't even imagine.

No comments: