Monday, January 26, 2009

Master Cleanse

I am on Day 5 of the Master Cleanse. Over a month ago I wanted to go back to the gym and work on walking a 5k with my family in the spring. And my feet hurt so bad that I couldn't continue. And of course, the holidays didn't help either.

So January came around and I wanted to do something. I wanted to wipe my slate clean. Make food less important than it was and spend some time with God cleaning up my inside and my outside. Bob and I did the GNC 7 day body detox thing and that wasn't enough for me. I wanted something that was going to help me deal with some of the behaviors that make me want to eat.

And I found the Master Cleanse. Around for 30 years. Lots of people have done it. I wanted to try it. And here I sit on Day 5 having only had detox lemonade (lemons, cayenne, and maple syrup) for 5 days with 5 days remaining. Today has probably been the worst day yet for physical discomfort. I had the weirdest experience with this muscular type throbbing in my left leg that over 2-3 hours worked its way from my calf to my butt. It's gone now. Darnedest thing. I'm inclined to think something is working its way out of my system but I'll reserve judgment until I see how tomorrow goes.....

And oddly enough, I seem to be purging some areas that have been clogging me up emotionally too..... God works in amazing ways. If you think of it, pray that He gives me some direction on where to take things once this detox is over.....

No comments: