Sunday, August 31, 2008

Timely Baptism

God knew that this would time itself out perfectly. Weeks ago I signed up to be baptized. Never been since I was a baby but I felt like this would be the time. Here's what I wrote to our pastor yesterday:

"My Nana went home to be with Jesus last night. We are so joyful but still sad.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know - in case I can't put it into words tomorrow, how much I am praising my Father for timing this the way he did. I hadn't felt the need to be baptized and then I found out that you were doing it this weekend at the School House - the location of my bridal shower 10 years ago in July. So this year as we celebrate 10 years of marriage on September 6, we'll be doing it as a marker of a whole new marriage with Christ as the center. That was huge.

And then there's the Nana part. When we went to visit her when she was really bad in March, I think I told you, Lamar that she was SO ELATED for Bob's baptism - she had prayed for our marriage so long. Also she had been immersion baptized probably just maybe 15 years ago and she just knew it was such a celebration. She was a woman of quiet faith and it was a real step for her to go public. Very much God in her. And maybe that's where some of my spiritual roots are in being private in my faith. So it will be very special tomorrow for me in that way too. I know that in some way, she will know that I'm honoring her memory in it too as well as my rededication to my Savior."


Praise God the giver of all things. Today I celebrate afresh a new life in Christ.

1 comment:

Susanz Place said...

I stand clapping, cheering you on as you made this beautiful public confession of your faith. I know you must be filled with great joy. For He is GOOD!!!!

Keep chasing righteousness!

:0) susan